Policy for use of Facebook
The Holybrook Parish Council Facebook pages intend to: Provide information and updates regarding activities and opportunities within Holybrook Parish and promote positive thoughts and comments from residents within the Parish.
In order to ensure that all discussions on the Holybrook Parish Council page are productive, respectful, energised and consistent with the Council’s mission and goals, we ask you to follow these guidelines:
· Be considerate and respectful of others. Vulgarity, threats or abuse of language will not be tolerated;
· Differing opinions and discussion of diverse ideas are encouraged, but personal attacks on anyone, including Holybrook Parish Council members or staff, will not be permitted;
· Share freely and be generous, but be aware of copyright laws; be accurate and give credit where credit is due;
· Stay on topic;
· Refrain from using the Facebook page for commercial purposes or to market products.
The sites are not monitored 24/7 and the Council will not always be able to reply individually to all messages or comments received. However, we will endeavour to ensure that any emerging themes or helpful suggestions are passed to the relevant people.
Sending a message/post via Facebook will not be considered as contacting the Council for official purposes and the Council will not be obliged to monitor or respond to requests for information through the Facebook channel. For official communication, please see our contact details on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not include personal/private information in your Facebook posts/messages to the Council.
The Council retains the right to remove comments or content that includes:
· Obscene or racist content;
· Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language;
· Potentially libellous statements;
· Plagiarised material; any material in violation of any laws, including copyright;
· Private, personal information published without consent;
· Information or links unrelated to the content of the forum;
· Commercial promotions or spam.
Non-compliance will not be tolerated and can result in a ban.
Holybrook Parish Council are not responsible for the accuracy of content posted by any subscriber in any forum; opinions expressed in comments on Holybrook Parish Council’s social media forums do not necessarily represent those of Holybrook Parish Council.
All comments, once posted, become the property of Holybrook Parish Council and we reserve the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display or edit.
Derivative work can also be created from such postings or content, and used for any purpose, in any form and on any other media.
Holybrook Parish Council are not responsible, liable for and do not endorse the privacy practices of Facebook or any linked websites. Your use of Facebook and any linked websites is at your own risk.
Holybrook Parish Council assumes no responsibility or liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred as a result of any use or reliance upon the information and material contained within or downloaded from these websites.
Facebook may occasionally be unavailable and Holybrook Parish Council accept no responsibility for this lack of service. The presence of any advertisement on Facebook is not an endorsement of the authenticity or quality of the goods, services or website and Holybrook Parish Council will not be held responsible for any claims arising in that respect.
Holybrook Parish Council will not engage in/with, and wholly discourage posts or comments on, issues of a political nature.
Comments should not advertise commercial products or services.
This comment policy may be revised at any time. By choosing to comment and/or utilise any Holybrook Parish Council Social Media site, users are deemed to agree to this policy.